There are plenty of deepnet frameworks out there. Two most popular among academic are: Caffe and Torch. Both are very fast with a number of pre-trained models. Arguably, Caffe is more popular than Torch. However, Torch is backed up by Google and Facebook.
- Key players:
- Installation: https://github.com/BVLC/caffe/wiki/Ubuntu-14.04-VirtualBox-VM
- Start point: http://caffe.berkeleyvision.org/gathered/examples/mnist.html
- Key players: Facebook, Google, Li Fei Fei (Stanford course)
- Installation: http://torch.ch/docs/getting-started.html#_
- Start point: http://torch.madbits.com/wiki/doku.php?id=start
- Tutorial: https://github.com/soumith/cvpr2015/blob/master/cvpr-torch.pdf
- Key players: Google
If you just want to play around with pre-trained model, go for matlab matconvnets toolbox.